In the event the helicopter hoist cable is manually sheared by the hoist operator, our Emergency Quick Splice Assembly allows the hoist operator to follow the step by step numbers and weave the cable end around the Quick Splice block allowing him to do an emergency recovery of the rescuer still on the ground. This is an emergency use device and should only be used for necessary emergency recovery of personnel following a manual cable shearing; it should not be used for any prolonged or continued operations. Utilizing the Cable Splice manufactured by Capewell Aerial System, P1AR has integrated a lightweight but heavy duty aluminum swivel and carabiner to allow for proper rotation in the event that a spin is encountered during the hoist extraction.
- Universal Application for all 3/16” hoist cables
- Recommended Maximum Load of 600 lbs.
- Corrosion Resistant Materials]
- Top plate designed to secure cable and activate stop switch (when applicable)
- (1) Hi-Viz Quick Splice
- (1) DMM Small Swivel
- (1) P1AR Safety Tri-lock Aluminum Carabiner